Looking for help on the Gold Coast

A forum for discussing topics of particular interest to those running MegaSquirt in Australia and New Zealand, including parts sources, group buys, etc.
Balsac
MegaSquirt Newbie

Looking for help on the Gold Coast

Post by Balsac »

Hi all I am new to this and can't get the ms3 to communicate with the laptop. Any contact on the Gold Coast would help so maybe someone who knows there way around this stuff or even a shop that i can contact.
Thanks in advance stevo
devojet
Helpful Squirter

Re: Looking for help on the Gold Coast

Post by devojet »

Hi stevo,

Im on the Gold Coast.

What are the details of your set up? Are youbusing the usb cale or serial cable? Usb should be pretty easy you just need to install the driver and then tunerstudio should auto detect in when you set up a new project.

Cheers
Daniel.
26 Chev hotrod with a 1UZFE and MS3x, Flex fuel, GPIO Transmission control and LCDash.
LS3 powered Race boat with MS3pro and GPIO.
MS2 on a 22r in a Hilux (mates car).
MS2extra on a turbo EF Falcon (brothers car).
Toyota Supra 1jz MS2extra, COP.
13B Turbo MS2extra.
Balsac
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Balsac »

Hi Daniel
I brought it new from trigger wheels in the UK. I just pulled it out of the car and have taken it to work with me and i am going to try and get it to run on the bench while I am up here.i will be away for 2 weeks but if I can't get it going would u mine coming around and having a look I can pay u for ur time.
First I tried to fire it up with a USB adapter from jaycar on 2 different laptops
I guessed it was the adapter so I got an old laptop with the correct serial port and that's were I am at the moment
I set the bald rate to 115200 in device manager and in tuner studio under communication>settings and megasquirt baud rate also in communication and also when I started a new project . how do I know which ecu to use when I start a new project it won't detect mine? Thanks in advance .
Stevo
devojet
Helpful Squirter

Post by devojet »

I use an adaptor from jaycar and it works fine.

Let me know how you get on and we can work it out from there. I will PM you an email address.

Cheers

Daniel.
26 Chev hotrod with a 1UZFE and MS3x, Flex fuel, GPIO Transmission control and LCDash.
13B Turbo MS2extra.
Balsac
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Balsac »

Thanks heaps mate
I was running out of ideas a bit of help will get the ball rolling
Davidfj910
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Davidfj910 »

I'm also on the gold coast having exactly the same problem and getting nowhere!! Please help someone!! Willing to pay for your time $$$
devojet
Helpful Squirter

Post by devojet »

Hi David,

The problem turned out to be the serial wires in the microsquirt loom were back to front. I will PM you my email.

Cheers

Daniel
13B Turbo MS2extra.